Omadi offers integrations with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop making it quick and easy to sync invoice and payment information between Omadi and QuickBooks. One key difference between the two integrations is that QuickBooks Online sync's with only one GL item based on the total due field, while QuickBooks Desktop allows for more than one GL item to sync.
Please note that all integrations require an Omadi Agent to enable the integration for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, chat an agent by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right of any web app screen, or call our support line to have your integration enabled.
- Access the Integrations page (Setup > Integrations)
- Click on the Quickbooks Desktop integration
- Install the QuickBooks Web Connector:
- You must have QuickBooks Desktop open on your computer with the Company File open for the web connector to work properly.
- Use this link install the QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC). https://developer.intuit.com/docs/0200_quickbooks_desktop/0100_essentials/quickbooks_web_connector#/811
- Click on “Installation Instructions”
- Download your personalized Web Connector configuration file to the computer on which you installed the QBWC. (Follow link on step 2.)
- Open the QBWC and click “Add an application”
- Select the QWC file in the navigation window. (You should have downloaded this file in step 3.5 above.)
- Click YES on the QBWebConnector - Error Pop Up
- Make sure QuickBooks is running and has the correct company file open, then click OK. Note: You may need to get your IT department involved if your QuickBooks files are located on a server and not on your PC.
- Open the QBWC and enter your Omadi password. (Note: You must use the Omadi password associated with the user you had logged in when you created the Web Connector configuration file.)
- IMPORTANT: The QBWC will automatically update invoices and payments associated with customers that are linked if the Auto-Run box is checked. WE SUGGEST THAT YOU DISABLE THE AUTO-RUN BOX UNTIL YOU HAVE LINKED AND TESTED YOUR SETTINGS ON A FEW CUSTOMERS. Omadi Invoices and Payments will sync with QuickBooks Desktop as indicated in the “Every_Min” field. Omadi suggests 60 minute update intervals.
- To Manually sync with QuickBooks Desktop, check the box next to the Omadi application and click “Update Selected” button.
- After you have followed the Installation Instructions, navigate to the Quickbooks Desktop Settings in Omadi. (Setup > Integrations > QuickBooks Desktop.) Note that each form type can be configured individually. Some key fields to discuss:
- WHEN TO GENERATE INVOICE - The default selection is to manually sync invoices. You can change this to sync with QuickBooks Desktop when the form reaches a certain form part. Generally, customers choose to sync upon reaching the Release or Audit form part.
- SERVICE DATE FIELD - The Service Date Field will sync this date with the QuickBooks Invoice Date.
- Return to the Quickbooks Desktop Integration Setup screen and click View Customer Linking. You can quickly view customers that are not linked in QuickBooks. To link a customer, click on the customer name and follow the directions in the next step.
- Click “Link to QB Desktop Customer.” Omadi will bring up a list of customers with names like the name of your customer. Link the Omad customer with the QuickBooks customer.
- Select the QuickBooks customer and click “Link to the selected partial match below”
- You will see a confirmation notice that the customer linked properly with QuickBooks.
- If the setting are to manually generate QuickBooks invoices from Omadi, you will need to click the “Create QuickBooks Desktop Invoice” in the bottom right of the screen.
- You will see a message at the top and bottom right of the screen after the invoice is ready for QuickBooks sync.
- After the node (or Tow) is synced with QuickBooks, the Invoice information and Payment information will update to QuickBooks. You can enter/change the payment date and time.
Note: The Omadi - QuickBooks integration works best if you make any needed adjustments in Omadi then sync with QuickBooks. Changes made only in QuickBooks could lead to inaccurate, conflicting data in Omadi.