Omadi offers integrations with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop making it quick and easy to sync invoice and payment information between Omadi and QuickBooks. One key difference between the two integrations is that QuickBooks Online sync's with only one GL item based on the total due field, while QuickBooks Desktop allows for more than one GL item to sync.
Please note that all integrations require an Omadi Agent to enable the integration for you. Email email@example.com, chat an agent by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right of any web app screen, or call our support line to have your integration enabled.
- Access the Integrations page (Setup > Integrations)
- Click on the Quickbooks Online integration.
- Click the button to connect with QuickBooks Online
- Enter QuickBooks Online login credentials, check the Remember Me button and click the Sign In button.
- Click on the company file name.
- Click the Authorize button.
- The QuickBooks Online Settings pagge will automatically pop up. (Setup > Integrations > QuickBooks Online.) Note that each form type can be configured individually. Some key fields to discuss:
- WHEN TO GENERATE INVOICE - The default selection is to manually sync invoices. You can change this to sync with QuickBooks Online when the form reaches a certain form part. Generally, customers choose to sync upon reaching the Release or Audit form part.
- SERVICE DATE FIELD - The Service Date Field will sync the selected date field with the QuickBooks Invoice Date.
- INVOICE NUMBER FIELD - The Service Date Field will sync the selected field with the QuickBooks Invoice Date.
- Note that each form must be configured individually.
- After clicking Save in step 7, you will be brought to the Setup QuickBooks Online screen, and a notification at the top of the screen will indicate that your QuickBooks settings were saved and that your Omadi account is connected with QuickBooks Online.
- You may click View Customer Linking to quickly view customers that are not linked in QuickBooks. To link a customer, click on the customer name and follow the directions in the next step.
- Click “Link to QB Online Customer.” Omadi will bring up a list of customers with names like the name of your customer. Link the Omad customer with the QuickBooks customer. Note, the following screenshots are from a QuickBooks Desktop Integration, but the same general layout and instructions apply to the QuickBooks Online Integration.
- Select the QuickBooks customer and click “Link to the selected partial match below”
- You will see a confirmation notice that the customer linked properly with QuickBooks in the green notification bar at the top of the screen. You will also notice that you have two options in the top right corner. You can View Customers in QuickBooks and Unlink Customers by simply clicking the hyperlink options in the top right of the screen.
- If the setting are to manually generate QuickBooks invoices from Omadi, you will need to click the “Create QuickBooks Online Invoice” in the bottom right of the screen.
- You will see a message at the top and bottom right of the screen after the invoice was created in QuickBooks. If you entered payment information prior to clicking the Create QuickBooks Online Invoice, a payment will also be created in QuickBooks. Recall that you can automate the sync based on when a form part is saved such as the Audit form part.
- To Sync Payments, you must navigate to the Sync Payments button. (Setup > Integrations > QuickBooks Online > Click Sync Payments.)
Note: The Omadi - QuickBooks integration works best if you make any needed adjustments in Omadi then sync with QuickBooks. Changes made only in QuickBooks could lead to inaccurate, conflicting data in Omadi.