If you use an Android device and you are having trouble clocking in and out or if you are having trouble with any of the tracking or location features on Omadi try troubleshooting this problem using the following steps.
- Go to the settings on your mobile device. You should find an option that says “Location Settings” or “Location Access.” Make sure that this setting is on.
- If your phone has a high accuracy setting make sure that it is on as well. This means that your phone will use GPS as well as networks to locate your phone.
Some devices have a battery saver or power saving mode. Turn this setting off. Location uses your battery quickly, so it’s a good idea to leave your phone plugged in as much as possible while using the Omadi app. While not at work, you can log out and close the app to conserve battery.
In order for the Omadi app to track your phone, the setting must be set correct.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
Make sure that the toggle is green. If it is not, either tap or slide the toggle until it appears green.
- iOS 7 – Find the Omadi app lower on the screen and make sure that toggle is also green.
- iOS 8 – Tap the app and select Always if it has not already been selected.